Advantages to a Public / Private Partnership
Public/Private Partnerships are the way of the future. The city turns an operating expense into a positive cash flow and the end user receives a superior product and experience.
• Cost avoidance – The cost of operating and maintaining the sports park falls upon the operator, not the city.
• Public agency receives annual income from the private operator via a management contract.
• Sportsplex USA will focus on adult sports, allowing
existing parks to recapture access to fields for youth programs.
• Outsourcing the management and operation of the park frees
current park and recreation staff for the growing demands for their
• MILLIONS of DOLLARS added to local economy through visitors to the sports park.
• The facility is operated and maintained by a professional staff in a
more economical manner.
• A better ability to host major local and national tournaments.
• The opportunity to get qualified professionals to handle the entire
full-service food and beverage operation.